Friday, July 6, 2012

Recycled Journal

I hate how in school they said to have 7 notebooks! I now have 4 or 5 unused notebooks that I really don't have the space for, including my art book which I only used 10 to 11 pages of. So I decided to make some use of it and tore out all of my old art pages like diagrams and stuff (which I will reuse at some point) and used the back piece of cardboard for the cover and replaced that with some paper fortified with duct tape. I have been watching jennibellie on youtube for quite some time now and I got some distress ink so I decided for my first project I would experiment with my new supplies. This notebook took less than 30min. to complete!
The supplies I used were quite limited, seeing as I only used about 5 different materials. 
These include:
  • Laser cut bird & cage 
  • Modge Podge
  • Texture glass
  • Gears 
  • Distress ink

The second page I did looked like this:It didn't quite turn out how I liked it because the Modge Podge didn't let the ink stick, thus making the face a weird shape. The eyes and mouth are recycled from a page in my journal that I ripped out. The words at the bottom are part of a small poem I wrote about secrets. 
A secret hid
A secret told 
We will bid 
On how your secret holders hold

It's basically trying to say that don't trust the people you tell your secrets to! I started to tell someone about a guy I used to like, and wham was I in trouble! And of course like most situations like that you can only think back to how stupid you where to like him in the first place! I mean he was just plain old........ lets just say I regret EVER liking him!!!!!!!

On that note I will  leave you. If you liked this post, more are on their way!

No comments:

Post a Comment